Things currently have no change since the release of iOS 6.0 along with the latest iPhone 5. I mean, untethered jailbreak is not yet possible on iOS 6 and its successor firmware update iOS 6.0.1. So it is been pretty monotonous so far for the users especially who cannot enjoy their iDevices without an untethered jailbreak. Earlier things were not like this because iOS 5.1.1 can be jailbroken untethered using Absinthe. You can go back to that stage with some simple steps using the jailbreak tool redsn0w. But still there are some restrictions with both hardware and software. iOS downgrading from iOS 6.0.1 to iOS 5.1.1 is not possible on iPhone 5, iPhone 4S etc. That means no downgrade support for A5 enabled iOS devices and the next is that you need to have the SHSH Blobs of the firmware version you are downgrading to, iOS 5.1.1 in this case.
The following tutorial will work on both Windows and Mac systems, you only need to select the compatible redsn0w versions. You can perform this iOS 6.0.1 to iOS 5.1.1 downgrade also on iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G and earlier iOS devices. We have also included the video tutorial at the bottom.
How To Downgrade iOS 6.0.1 To iOS 5.1.1 On iPhone 4 ?
- First of all, it will be easier if you create a folder to put all the needed things for this iOS 6.0.1 to iOS 5.1.1 downgrade.
- Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 is the version that we required. Download it from the links below.
- Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 [Windows] [Mac]
- Next step is to grab the firmware version for your iOS device that you are going to downgrade to. Links are given below.
- iOS 5.1.1 for iPhone 4 GSM, iPhone 4 CDMA, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 4G
- After getting the above mentioned files, extract the redsn0w zip file and launch it.
- Once redsn0w gets opened, navigate to Extras ->Even More -> Restore and click on IPSW, browse to the folder where you saved the iOS 5.1.1 IPSW file for you iOS device which you want to downgrade to and then click Next.
- Note: If you are an iPhone 4 user who wants to save the unlock using ultrasn0w, you should click on Yes and OK once you asked to Prevent Baseband Update.
- Connect your iPhone 4 (since this iOS downgrade tutorial is for iPhone 4) and follow the steps to put your device in DFU mode.
- Once you have successfully put your iPhone 4 in DFU mode, redsn0w will start searching for the required SHSH blobs. It will either detect it via Cydia or you can manually navigate to the location where the blobs are saved.
- That is all about iOS 6.0.1 to iOS 5.1.1 downgrade. Once redsn0w completed the downgrade process, it will let you know by a restore successful message.
Video Tutorial For iOS 6.0.1 To iOS 5.1.1 Downgrade On iPhone 4
Significant thing is that you can now perform an untethered jailbreak on your iPhone 4 using Absinthe. If you are not updated to iOS 6.0.1 and still on iOS 6, here is the tutorial for downgrading iOS 6.0 to iOS 5.1.1 using redsn0w.
Stay tuned with us via our Facebook and Twitter pages for getting more tips and updates regarding iOS 6.0 and iOS 6.0.1 untethered jailbreak on all iOS devices.